Unplasticized polyvinyl chloride or uPVC is one of the most widely used thermoplastic materials due to its flexibility of usage and competitive price. uPVC pipes and Fittings do not deteriorate under attack from bacteria or other micro-organisms and do not provide food source to fungi. The simplicity of the installation procedure for uPVC pipe offers considerable benefits especially in terms of time and the consequent cost saving.
The uPVC pressure pipe system is suitable for the transportation of potable water for industrial and domestic uses. Other major areas of application include:
- Agricultural irrigation
- Conveyance of processing fluids within industry
- Sewerage and industrial effluent disposal
- Conveyance of abrasive slurries
- Transportation of acids, alkalis and other corrosive chemicals (refer to section 4.8)
- Ground water transportation for land engineering
- Buried fire ring main
- Conduit or duct for cables and fragile piping systems
- Venting systems
- Rigid uPVC pipe should not be used at ambient or liquid temperatures in excess of 60?C for pressure systems.